Praesent dolor penatibus consectetur eleifend sagittis ex. Dolor mauris non turpis lacus maecenas aliquet efficitur est fermentum rutrum. Urna aliquet lorem porttitor eu mattis. Scelerisque adipiscing litora fermentum posuere eleifend interdum erat nostra mi.
- 1 Skillet
- 6 potatoes – peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp small onion – grated
- 3 eggs (vegan sub: 3 flax eggs – 3:1 water:flaxseed meal)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil (for mixture) + additional oil to fry in
- As you’re grating the potato into a medium-sized mixing bowl, grate the onion in at the same time.
- Drain the liquid well, making sure to squeeze out excess liquid.
- Fill a large skillet with ¼ inch of oil and heat over medium-high heat until a small amount of batter sizzles immediately.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including the oil for mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the skillet and allow to brown on both sides, flipping only once.
- Prepare a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil once latkes are done.
- Once latke is brown on both sides, remove from the skillet and lay on a prepared plate.
- Let them sit for a few minutes, and serve hot.